Chia is an herbaceous plant of the lamiaceae family; The leaves are between 4 and 8 cm long. long and 3 to 5 cm. wide, the flowers are hermaphrodite, violet. They contain more nutrients than other common foods, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants,phytonutrients and omega 3.
Advantages of Chia Seeds
- Chia is the largest vegetable source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- They provide very important proteins for vegetarians.
- Chia seed does not contain gluten.
- Can be consumed alone or incorporated into other foods.
- It is a product of plant origin.
- They have no taste or smell.
- Provides energy to those who consume them.
- Help control cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- They facilitate digestion, improve intestinal transit and have satiating effect.
- Help control appetite.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of good cardiovascular health.
- Help improve the health of the nervous and immune system.
- They favor muscle development and tissue regeneration.
- Improve brain activity and help with emotional problems.